Director Global Communications
Hippo, Amsterdam & Boston
Hippo was a 17-year-old startup, one of Holland's original unicorns, facing the typical software company dilemma -- a fantastic product with zero brand (or brand awareness) behind it.
I was brought in as Global Communications Director to set into place:
(1) a brand
(2) a brand strategy
(3) a PR strategy, team, and execution
(4) a content marketing strategy and execution with the goal of growth in organic traffic & reducing price per lead.
(1) an extensive brand identity & differentiation research project, resulting in a brand book & guidelines for both written and visual communication
(2) a communications strategy for the year ahead, complete with communications calendar
(3) hiring and training 2 regional PR team members, creating and implementing PR strategy
(4) re-writing and re-branding all existing content and collateral, including company website, to bring in line with new brand identity and tone of voice
(1) Significant positive shift in media brand mentions & brand perception
(2) Steady uplift in organic site traffic
(3) Successful launch of new website and brand identity
(3) Media coverage in all major Dutch newspapers and TechCrunch